Stained Glass Swallowtail
I recently attended a Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference in sunny Orlando, FL. It was 2 1/2 days jam packed with inspiring presentations, product demonstrations, free stamping goodies, meeting demonstrators from all across the US & Canada, and swapping! I made a total of 75 cards and 20 scrapbook pages (10 double layouts) to swap with all my new friends.
The new Swallowtail stamp set from the Spring Catalog is one of my absolute favorites! It's a large detailed stamp that covers a full card front. Here is the card I made for the Technique Swap I joined:
To create the Stained Glass effect:
1. Stamp image using VersarMark ink on Vellum Cardstock.
2. Cover with Black Embossing Powder and Heat Emboss.
3. Cut out Swallowtail with your Paper Snips.
4. Apply complimentary colors of ink to back side of butterfly using Sponge Daubers. I used Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Pacific Point.
5. Wipe off excess ink with a paper towel and adhere to card with Stampin Dimensionals.
It's hard to see in the picture, but I placed 3 Rhinestone Jewels to the upper portion of each wing.
This is such a fun technique I hope you give it a try!